Thursday 27 July 2017

Writing My First Book

So today I wanted to share with you how I got started on writing my first book. To be honest it was actually my hubby that gave me the idea. We were chatting away and he started writing down "A sad little mouse." Well that got me started on my way with an idea for my first book.

I pulled out my note book and started writing. I came up with "Sam The Sad Little Mouse" and I decided to set it in a woodlands setting. I don't quite know why I set it there but it just seemed to be that way for the story I wanted to tell.



I also decided that because Sam was sad that the story would be based on him having trouble making friends. I wanted to write this story as it is a problem that some children face. I'm hoping that this book can help by showing that if you persist then you will find your friends in time.

I found with this being my first book it came slowly. I would write in my note book characters that I wanted to include in the story. Also I wrote most of this story in my note book, as I was writing in spits and spurts. If I had an idea into the note book it went. Once I had most of the story down I wrote it out into a document so it was ready to go for the next step in my book writing.

My story in my note book first
My story typed and it's been edited
So this was how my first book came about and I plan on adding to the series soon.

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I love reading your thoughts and ideas.
All comments in English please.

Comments containing links will be removed.

How To Stop Procrastinating While Writing

So today I thought I would talk about how I'm learning to manage my time better so that I'm able to put more time into my writing. T...