Friday 11 August 2017

How To Stop Procrastinating While Writing

So today I thought I would talk about how I'm learning to manage my time better so that I'm able to put more time into my writing. This is a skill which you can learn how to be better at. For me, I've always written lists to get all my tasks done so that I don't procrastinate. Since starting to write though I'm finding it a bit of a struggle. I did my usual and made my list but it doesn't seem to be working.

Like every new writer, I work as well as doing my writing plus I have a family so being able to fit everything in is a struggle. This week I'm thinking that the days I don't work I will spend doing my writing and then the days I do work I'm thinking I will spend doing my promoting. I also have to learn more about promoting and how to go about it. So I will let you know if this new way will work for me.

This weeks calendar

I'm also planning to write the tasks down on a calendar and keep track to make sure I stay on track this week. So far I've only planned this week and I've only put in book writing work, nothing else. So I'm hoping this will work.

Next week I will update this post with how I went. How do you keep yourself from procrastinating and getting all your writing and tasks that are involved with writing?

Have a good weekend
Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I love reading your thoughts and ideas.
All comments in English please.

Comments containing links will be removed.

How To Stop Procrastinating While Writing

So today I thought I would talk about how I'm learning to manage my time better so that I'm able to put more time into my writing. T...