Sunday 30 July 2017

So What's It like To Be A New Author

So what's it like to be a new author? Well, it's a bit scary when you think too much about all the competition out there. Really it's best if you just forget about all that and just push through all that and just get on with the writing. Everything else is out of your control so it's best to just get on with it.

For me coming up with the first idea for a book was hard, actually knowing what I wanted to say in the book was a challenge. Thanks to my hubby as he started the ball rolling by giving me a piece of the title. "The Sad Little Mouse." From there, I was able to come up with "Sam The Sad Little Mouse." Then I had to think about what the story was going to be about. I decided that Sam would live in a woodland and he would have trouble making friends. I thought this was a good story to start with as some children can have difficulty in making friends. I hope that by parents reading this book too their young children that it will help with this problem.


So when it comes to actually writing my book I first write down ideas that I want to include in the story. I do this in a note book and I write it out in long hand. So the first thing I was thinking about was who was Sam going to meet along his way. You know, what characters did I want to have in my book. I also wanted to think about who would end up being his friend that he would make in the end. Once I had all these characters planned out and who would come where I then started writing the book. I then just had to come up with how they would meet and who would do what. Once that was all done I write out my book in document form so I can get it edited. Then it's just a matter of getting the book done for publishing. 

So that's how I go about my writing but not all writer's do it this way. It can be a solitary journey but I still think it's worth it as it's a joy to write books for children. So how do you write or are you thinking about writing. Let me know.


Sharyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I love reading your thoughts and ideas.
All comments in English please.

Comments containing links will be removed.

How To Stop Procrastinating While Writing

So today I thought I would talk about how I'm learning to manage my time better so that I'm able to put more time into my writing. T...